How to Install Drop-In Anchors
Installation Instructions for the Concrete Drop-in Anchor
Installing the Concrete Drop-in Anchors can be completed in five easy steps. These anchors can be used when working with overhead hangers, handrail, machinery, shelving and light fixtures. They are best suited for light to heavy duty fastening purposes. Concrete Drop-in Anchors are available in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" diameters and are available in standard zinc, 304 Stainless Steel, and 316 Stainless Steel to meet many construction needs. After installation, the fixture is removable because the Drop-in Anchor can be left in the concrete, but the threaded rod or bolt used can be unscrewed and removed. Simple step-by-step installation instructions for the Drop-in Anchor follow:
- Drill a hole in the base material with a hammer drill and a correctly sized carbide drill bit for the diameter Drop-in anchor you are using. See our technical specifications page for the drill bit size required.
- Clean out the hole of all debris.
- Drop the anchor into the hole, slotted end first.
- Insert the setting tool into the anchor and strike with a hammer until the lip of the setting tool meets the top of the anchor.
- Set the fixture over the anchor and insert the properly sized threaded rod or machine threaded bolt through the fixture and into it.