CONFAST® Hex Head Concrete Screw
Every available diameter and length of Hex Head CONFAST® Masonry Screws, often referred to as the “blue screw”, is stocked by CONFAST® in extensive quantities; all orders will ship complete the same day received.
- Works well in concrete, brick or block
- Blue coating helps resist rust
- Length of screw measured from under the head
- Hex slotted washer head
- 3/16” diameter needs a 5/32” hole
- 1/4” diameter needs a 3/16” hole
- Easy to install
- Special threads for efficient dust removal
- Can be taken out
- Designed to be used in applications where the head of the screw protrudes above the surface of the item being fastened.
- An example of an application for a CONFAST® hex concrete screw would be to fasten a light fixture to a brick wall.
- The CONFAST® hex concrete screw can be used in most masonry materials such as block, brick or solid concrete.
- Designed for indoor, dry applications.
- It has blue coating.
- A hole must be drilled in the base material before the CONFAST® hex concrete screw is driven into the base material.
- When driving the CONFAST® hex concrete screw, the threads of the screw taps threads into the base material. Always drill the hole slightly deeper than the screw will penetrate.
- Each diameter of CONFAST® hex concrete screw requires a specific diameter of hole, and the hole must be drilled using a hammer drill and a carbide bit.
- For minimum holding values, the screw’s minimum embedment in the base material is 1" and the maximum embedment is 1-3/4"
- A 1/4" hex nut driver is required for the 3/16", and a 5/16" hex nut driver is required for driving the 1/4" CONFAST® hex concrete screw.
- The CONFAST® hex concrete screw are considered a light duty fastener in both in the 3/16" diameter and 1/4" diameter.
- Holding values increase based on the depth of embedment, providing that minimum and maximum embedment requirements are met.
- The holding values differ based on the base material into which the CONFAST® hex concrete screw has been installed.
- To determine the size of The CONFAST® hex concrete screw required for a specific application, consider the size of the hole in the fixture, the thickness of the item being fastened and the weight of the item.
- The 1/4" diameter holds slightly more weight than the 3/16" 1 CONFAST® hex concrete screw.
- The minimum length of screw require for any job is determined by adding the thickness of the material to the minimum embedment depth of 1".
- The maximum length CONFAST® hex concrete screw is equal to the thickness of the material being fastened plus the maximum embedment depth of 1-1/4".